Sunday, February 14, 2010

From Oudtshoorn to Grahamstown

Monday the 25th

So it took a while to get to Grahamstown because it was about a 7 hour drive. Grahamstown is where Rhodes University is located, but they were on summer break so we weren't able to meet with some contacts we had there. The actual ride from Oudtshoorn to Grahamstown was nice, but I was in the back seat most of the time. The scenery is unbelievable! We stopped several times for petrol along the way and we picked up Bertha before the bulk of our journey since she was being fixed from the day before. We stopped for a fast food lunch in Port Elizabeth along the way and finally ended up in Grahamstown around late afternoon/early evening. I facebook chatted (SHOUT OUT) Margie before dinner.

We ate dinner at an Italian restaurant at the hotel and had a discussion from after dinner into late evening. I was supposed to have read more articles that night for discussions the next days but I fell right asleep right after our night class session. Don't worry, I found time to read the articles before our next class session though! This night I had a single room to myself. (I forgot to say in Oudtshoorn there were 4 of us to a room).

END DAY 6

No comments:

Post a Comment